This Almond Joy Granola is the easiest and tastiest homemade granola that brings together all of your favorite Almond Joy flavors in one delicious snack. Coconut? Check. Almonds? Check. Chocolate? Double Check.
Now if we’re being honest, Almond Joy candy bars tend to be a bit controversial. I think we can agree pretty much everyone and their mother is down for a Reeses or Snickers but when it comes to coconut? People tend to either love it or hate it. Well luckily for all of you coconut lovers out there, I happen to be a coconut lover myself! Then when you combine that coconut with almond and chocolate? Nothing better.
This granola recipe seriously couldn’t be easier and comes together in no time at all! Plus a one bowl recipe? We’re here for it.
Ingredients in Almond Joy Granola
- Almond butter – you can use any nut butter but almond will taste the most like “Almond Joy” flavors.
- Maple syrup – you can also use honey or agave syrup.
- Coconut Oil – Really helps the granola to crisp up in the oven.
- Rolled Oatmeal – Only use rolled oatmeal, not quick oats or steel cut oats.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut – If coconut just isn’t your vibe (I know it’s not for everyone), you can also just leave it out for a chocolate chip almond granola flavor.
- Chopped almonds
- Chocolate chips
How do you make almond joy granola?
This recipe could not be easier to throw together! Simply mix everything together and bake! Make sure to spread your granola in a thin, even layer on your backing tray to ensure that it bakes evenly and crisps up.
Granola still feeling soft and slightly wet to touch after it bakes?
No worries! The granola actually hardens as it cools so give it a good while to cool completely.
Once cooled, break up your granola into desired size clusters, add chocolate chips, and enjoy!
How should I store this granola?
Store in a sealed ziploc bag or an airtight container on the counter. It will last for about 2 weeks! Or store it in the fridge for even longer.
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Banana Bread Granola
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Honey Almond Granola
- Peanut Butter Granola Cups
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
This Almond Joy Granola is the easiest and tastiest homemade granola that brings together all of your favorite Almond Joy flavors in one delicious snack.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, salt, shredded coconut (see notes), and almonds until fully mixed.
- Spread mixture onto parchment paper and press tightly into one layer. The oats should all be touching (no empty spots) but not too thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Let cool for at least 1 hour before touching.
- After an hour, break into chunks and add chocolate chips.
- You can store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- There’s a couple different ways you can go about chopping your almonds: 1. You can give them a quick pulse in your food processor. 2 Give them a rough chop with a sharp knife. 3 Seal your almonds in a plastic bag before breaking them up using a mallet or meat tenderizer (this is the method I used).
- I like the taste of both raw and toasted coconut so I added some coconut in with the batter to be baked and reserved some to sprinkle on raw with the chocolate chips once everything is cooled. Either way works.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola, gluten free granola, almond joy, almond joy granola
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!