Mix up your palette with these Asian Chicken Tacos! An Asian fusion spin takes these tacos to a whole new delicious dimension.
Why does wrapping food up in a tortilla suddenly make it taste 1000 times better?? I mean don’t get me wrong this taco filling is straight up delicious but then once converted into a taco? Oh my goodness so good. Living in Houston, aka the taco capital of the US (don’t come for me Austin peeps, I know you have awesome tacos there as well) has really inspired me to start thinking outside of the taco box. One of my favorite taco places in the city (check out my Houston Food Guide here to see the best taco places) has all different types of taco flavors from fish n’ chips to spicy tikka. This inspired me to realize that tacos can really come in any flavor you want, the world is your oyster and all of that. (PS what a WEIRD saying that is. I mean I get the meaning but still). Obviously, as seen in recipes like my Thai Peanut Chicken Salad or my Healthy Asian Peanut Noodles you can see that I am a HUGE fan of anything with an Asian peanut sauce. Of course I had to utilize it in my first taco experiment. The peanut sauce combined with shredded chicken and crunchy cabbage on top is seriously just too good! I know these Asian Chicken Tacos will be on repeat.
To make these Asian Chicken Tacos you will need:
- shredded chicken breast
- peanut butter
- soy sauce (I use gluten free)
- shredded cabbage mix
- corn tortillas
A few notes:
1. For the chicken: you can cook it any way you want (stove top, bake, poach etc). Or make it super easy and buy an already cooked rotisserie chicken.
2. Usually you can find a pre-made cabbage mix at the grocery that contains shredded cabbage and shredded carrots. If you can’t find this then you can just shred your own cabbage.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Asian Chicken Tacos
- January 14, 2020
- 15 min
- Print this
- • 2 shredded chicken breasts
- • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- • 1/4 cup soy sauce
- • 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- • 1 tbsp sriracha
- • 2 tbsp honey
- • Juice from 1/2 lime
- • Water to thin as needed
- • Shredded cabbage mix (the pre-made mix that has cabbage and shredded carrots)
- • Fresh Cilantro
- • Corn tortillas (I like to toast mine over the stove)
- Step 1
- Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, sriracha, honey, and lime juice until smooth (thin with water if needed). Toss shredded chicken with peanut sauce.
- Step 2
- To assemble the tacos, place chicken over tortillas and add a generous amount of cabbage mixture. If desired add fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice for an extra freshness.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!