Your classic pasta salad gets a Fall inspired upgrade with this Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad! Packed with so much flavor, tons of veggies, and bacon!
Ahhhhh pasta salad! Such a classic recipe that I grew up eating. My mom would always make the classic style in the summers: Italian dressing, carrots, and bell peppers. So I thought it would be fun to give it a Fall inspired makeover! The key to making this Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad so unique and delicious? 1. Roasting the veggies! In the classic recipe the veggies are often raw, but to me, cooler weather calls for cozier roasted veggies. 2. Bacon. Need I say more? It honestly amazes me how just adding a few pieces of bacon in to roast with the veggies just adds a whole new level of flavor. So good! This is the absolute perfect recipe to prep for the week and tastes delicious both hot and cold!
To make this Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad you will need:
- butternut squash
- red onion
- brussel sprouts
- olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- pasta (I used this one and this one)
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
A few notes:
1. I did a a mixture of pasta: half gluten free red lentil sedanini and half gluten free brown rice fusilli, you can use any kind of pasta you want! I suggest using smaller pastas and avoiding spaghetti, fettuccine, etc.
2. I chose butternut squash, brussel sprouts, and red onion but feel free to change it up with whatever veggies you want!
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Autumn Crunch Pasta Salad
- October 29, 2019
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 3 cups butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- • 1 red onion, sliced
- • 3 cups shredded brussel sprouts
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- • 3 pieces of bacon, chopped
- • 1 pound pasta of choice
- For the Sauce:
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- • 1 tsp honey
- • 2 heaping tbsp dijon mustard
- • salt and fresh black pepper
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2
- In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash, red onion, and brussel sprouts with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange coated veggies on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle bacon on top. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Step 3
- While the veggies are roasting cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- Step 4
- To assemble the sauce: whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, honey, and dijon. Set aside.
- Step 5
- To assemble the salad, combine the cooked pasta, roasted veggies and bacon, and dressing.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!