This healthy banana bread granola is made with no added sugar and is the perfect recipe for using up ripe bananas!
When finding that extra large granola chunk is like finding the bonus fry at the bottom of the bag 🙌. I feel like I compare everything good in life to finding the bonus fry, but I mean really, is there anything better? This granola is super delicious and so easy to make. All the flavors of banana bread but in a granola! If I could bottle up the smell of this granola baking in the oven and make it into a candle I’m pretty positive I would become a millionaire because it is dreamyyyyyyyyy. Perfect to sprinkle on top of a smoothie, yogurt, or delicious by itself!
To make this Banana Bread Granola you will need:
- rolled oatmeal
- chia seeds
- sea salt
- coconut oil
- apple sauce
- chocolate chips (these ones are sugar free)
A few notes:
1. I specifically wanted this granola to be sugar-free and since it is only sweetened with ripe bananas it is only lightly sweet. If you want it to be sweeter then feel free to add in some sort of granulated sugar (like this one).
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Banana Bread Granola (sugar-free)
- September 8, 2019
- About 12 (1/2 cup serving)
- 40 min
- Print this
- • 3 cups rolled oatmeal
- • 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- • 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- • 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- • 1/2 tsp sea salt
- • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- • 1 (ripe) medium mashed banana
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- • Chocolate chips to taste (as many as you want. This is the only sugar unless you use sugar free chocolate chips)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Step 2
- In a large bowl combine the oats, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Step 3
- In a separate bowl combine the melted coconut oil, mashed banana, and apple sauce. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Step 4
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheet (you don’t want to be too crowded so use a second baking sheet if needed)
- Step 5
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown (watch it as the end, it can start to burn quickly)
- Step 6
- Once you take the sheet out of the oven, while its still hot, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top (they’ll start to stick and melt on the granola)
- Step 7
- Let cool completely and store in an air tight container
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!