This healthy banana bread granola is made with no added sugar and is the perfect recipe for using up ripe bananas! Vegan, gluten free, and made with just a handful of healthy ingredients.
- 3 cups rolled oatmeal
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 (ripe) medium mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Chocolate chips to taste (This is the only sugar unless you use sugar free chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the melted coconut oil, mashed banana, vanilla, and apple sauce. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheet (you don’t want to be too crowded so use a second baking sheet if needed). Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown (watch it as the end, it can start to burn quickly).
- Once you take the sheet out of the oven, while its still hot, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top (they’ll start to stick and melt on the granola). Let cool completely and store in an air tight container.
I specifically wanted this granola to be sugar-free and since it is only sweetened with ripe bananas it is only lightly sweet. If you want it to be sweeter then feel free to add in some sort of granulated sugar (like this one).
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: .5g
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Protein: 5.8g
Keywords: banana bread granola, granola, banana bread, sugar free