These delicious banana bread oatmeal cups are naturally sweetened with bananas and just a touch of pure maple syrup and coconut sugar. So easy to make, naturally gluten and dairy free, freezer-friendly, and great for all ages! The perfect meal-prep breakfast!
If it hasn’t been made absolutely abundantly clear that I am very into (nay, obsessed with) all things oatmeal by my many overnight oatmeal recipes and oatmeal bakes then here we find ourselves again but in muffin form! Trust me, baked oatmeal cups are bound to be your new best friend because they are:
- Ultra easy to make (like could not be easier)
- Perfect for a lazy girl meal prep situation (aka me every week)
- Soooooo dang delicious
- So handy and portable since they’re in muffin cup form! Given, many people are still stuck at home (hello covid) but at least they’ll be more portable on your trip from the kitchen to in front of the tv, you get me?
I know you’re going to love, enjoy!
How to store your banana bread oatmeal cups
You can easily make these oatmeal cups ahead of time and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Once ready to eat, just reheat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
You can also freeze your oatmeal cups. Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat one, you can microwave them for 45 seconds-1 minute or until warm.
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bake
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These delicious banana bread oatmeal cups are so easy to make, naturally gluten and dairy free, freezer-friendly, and great for all ages!
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (plus more for on top, optional.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the banana, almond butter, coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter between muffin liners. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and bake for 25 mins.
- I like to boost the protein in my muffins by adding in a few scoops of collagen powder – it’s flavorless and doesn’t change the texture!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: muffin cups, oatmeal cups, banana bread, banana bread oatmeal
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!