Banana crumb cake? Good. Coffee cake? Good. Banana Crumb Coffee Cake!? Even Better! The best healthy coffee cake bars to start off your day.
There’s just something about a crumb topping that makes me feel ultra fancy…. I’m like wait a minute should I be drinking tea and competing on The Great British Baking Show??? That extra crumb on top just makes everything feel fancy. Plus I’m all about getting the right crumb to cake ratio. I like heavyyyyy on the crumb, you feel me?
I’m always looking for an excuse to eat cake for breakfast if we’re being honest so this Banana Crumb Coffee Cake did the trick! Super moist, heavy on the crumb, and topped with the perfect icing drizzle. This cake just couldn’t be better!
To make this Banana Crumb Coffee Cake you will need:
- almond flour
- one one gluten free flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- plain yogurt
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Sweet Potato Chai Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread
- Bakery Style Blueberry Swirl Muffins
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
Banana crumb cake? Good. Coffee cake? Good. Banana Crumb Coffee Cake!? Even Better! The best healthy coffee cake to start off your day.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour (one to one replacement)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium bananas (very ripe, mashed.)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (can use dairy free)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup one to one gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the almond flour, gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the mashed bananas, egg, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until smooth.
- To make the crumb: mix all the ingredients together until completely mixed and crumbly. Set aside.
- Pour the batter into the pan and then evenly sprinkle the crumb on top. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the icing (optional): whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Once the cake is cooled, drizzle the icing on top and enjoy!
- Baking time may vary depending on the size of your bananas. Keep an eye on it and make sure not to under or over bake it!
- If you don’t want to use butter you can also use melted coconut oil!
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: serves 9
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 15.7g
- Fat: 12.2g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: banana crumb coffee cake, crumb cake, coffee cake, banana coffee cake
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!