These vegetarian Black Bean Veggie Quesadillas are packed with flavor and super filling. Roasted veggies, cotija cheese, black beans, and plenty of spices make for the best flavor combination.
Does anyone else just hear Napoleon Dynamite in your head every time you hear the word “quesadilla”? “Go make yourself a dang quesadilla!” Anyone else? Just me? Cool cool cool. Super cool. Storing old tater tots in your pockets level cool. And now I’ve lost everyone reading this… Well lets just keep it short and sweet on this one and say that these Black Bean Veggie Quesadillas will definitely have you saying DANGGGGGG regardless of your taste in bad movies. I served these to a group of non-vegetarians and everyone was shocked at how much they loved them. Seriously, no one was asking “where’s the meat?” The veggies are tossed in delicious spices and roasted in the oven. These combined with black beans and cotija cheese makes for the most unique and tasty combination. Trust me, these quesadillas will be a crowd pleaser!
To make these Black Bean Veggie Quesadillas you will need:
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- olive oil
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne powder
- black beans
- cotija cheese
A few notes:
1. Smaller tortillas make for easier flipping if you’re using 2 tortillas to make 1 quesadilla. If you’re using full size tortillas I recommend folding them in half and only using 1 tortilla per quesadilla.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Black Bean Veggie Quesadillas
- March 11, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- • 1 red onion, chopped
- • 2 small zucchini, chopped (or 1 large)
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 teaspoon chili powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- • Cotija cheese to taste
- • 8-12 small flour tortillas or 4-6 large flour tortillas
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl combine the bell pepper, red onion, and zucchini and toss with the olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Spread veggie mixture onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- Step 2
- In a small bowl, mash the black beans slightly with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3
- Spread a portion of the beans onto one of the tortillas and top with the cooked veggie mixture and cotija cheese. Top with a second tortilla (see tip). Repeat until all the tortillas are filled.
- Step 4
- Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side in an oiled pan or until the outside is crispy. Enjoy!
- Step 5
- TIP: Smaller tortillas make for easier flipping if you’re using 2 tortillas to make 1 quesadilla. If you’re using full size tortillas I recommend folding them in half and only using 1 tortilla per quesadilla.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!