These easy brownie energy bites are like your favorite gooey chocolate dessert but in a healthier bite-size snack!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates, softened (see note)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao
- pinch of salt (if your almond butter is unsalted)
- 2 tbsp water
- Chocolate chips to taste (optional. I used about 1/3 cup)
- Combined oat flour, dates, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, water, and salt in a food processor and blend until a smooth dough forms.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips (if using) and pulse to combine. (The chocolate chips will start to become warm due to the heat of the dates and melt into the “dough” and it’s really delicious!)
- Roll into balls, place on a tray lines with parchment paper, and stick in the freezer until set. Store in the fridge or freezer
- To soften your date, let them sit in hot water for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Category: snack
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: energy ball, brownie, brownie ball, brownie energy ball