Marinara sauce and pesto come together to make the most delicious pizza with this Cheesy Mozzarella, Tomato, Artichoke, and Pesto Pizza! It can be made with any kind of crust, whether you like thin, crispy crusts, grain-free, soft and doughy … it’s all about the toppings and this pizza has them right.
When making this Cheesy Mozzarella, Tomato, Artichoke, and Pesto Pizza I really did have to chuckle just a bit to myself at the flavor combination and how my younger self would have done anything to not have to eat it. I was absolutely the pickiest child and would have put my foot down on pizza with artichokes… or tomatoes…. or even cheese if we’re being honest (I know, I was a strange child. Like, possibly the only child in the world who didn’t like cheese). Thank goodness for changing tastebuds because I was definitely missing out by passing on this flavor combo. Pesto and marinara sauce are not frequently combined in the same dish but trust me it is SO. GOOD. Plus the salty from the artichokes, the extra dose of tomatoes, and the fresh mozzarella really just tie this beauty together. Personally I’m a fan of pizzas with lots of toppings and this is just that. The perfect easy pizza for both a weeknight or a weekend meal!
To make this Cheesy Mozzarella, Tomato, Artichoke, and Pesto Pizza you will need:
A few notes:
1. The recipe calls for fresh pizza dough but you can also use a pre-made crust from the store (I particularly like the Caulipower cauliflower crust. This one also looks good). Just make sure to adjust the times and temperatures to the package’s instructions.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Cheesy Mozzarella, Tomato, Artichoke, and Pesto Pizza
- January 27, 2020
- 35 min
- Print this
- • 1/2 pound pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- • 1 cup marinara pizza sauce (or to taste)
- • 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella cut into slices
- • 2 tomatoes, sliced
- • 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- • 1/3 cup marinated artichokes, chopped
- • 1/4 - 1/3 cup pesto
- • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Step 1
- If you’re using your own from-scratch dough, preheat the oven and prepare the dough as per your recipe’s instructions. If using store-bought, preheat the oven and prepare the dough as per the directions on the packaging.
- Step 2
- Evenly spread out the marinara sauce on the pizza, leaving a little space at the edges for the crust
- Step 3
- Top with mozzarella slices, tomato slices, sun dried tomatoes, and artichokes.
- Step 4
- Dollop spoonfuls of pesto evenly over the pizza.
- Step 5
- Place in the oven and bake according to your recipe’s instructions or, if using store-bought, use the package’s instructions. (With fresh dough, you typically want to bake it at 425° F for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough has crisped and turned golden in color. Make sure to double check with the dough recipe/package you’re using, though.)
- Step 6
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with fresh basil (optional). Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!