This chocolate chia pudding is packed full of nutrients and is the perfect recipe to keep you full and satisfied for hours. The perfect breakfast to prep for the next morning.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup nut milk or coconut milk (I used cashew)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1–2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with toppings of your choice (I went with creamy peanut butter, banana coins, and cacao nibs).
- When you’re mixing your chia pudding, add the chia seeds last (after the liquids). This will make for easier mixing.
- If your chia pudding is too thick in the morning, add additional liquid.
- If you really dislike the texture of chia pudding, try blending it! It will remain thick but the texture won’t be as “seedy”.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 8.7g
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 21.8g
Keywords: chocolate chia pudding, chia, chia seeds, gluten free