Sometimes you just need to take that classic vanilla cake to the next level with some chocolate chips. And some chocolate icing on top. And some peanut butter mixed in with the chocolate icing for good measure, you know what I mean? Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting for the win!
If there is one thing I’ve come to learn on my food blog/recipe developer journey, it’s that: DEVELOPING CAKE RECIPES IS FREAKIN HARD. Sorry for shouting but hot dang is it true. At least for me it is. Maybe everyone else if just over here whipping up cake recipes right and left like no big deal while they just happen to be my achilles heal? I digress. So since cakes are soooo dang difficult for me to create, when I finally nail one I am, in a word (or two), ultra pumped!
This cake is fluffy yet a little dense in all the right ways, sweet but not too sweet, and topped with the most luscious peanut butte chocolate icing. I pretty much inhaled this entire chocolate chip cake by myself in less than a week so yeah…. She delicious. Enjoy!
To make this Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting you will need:
- almond flour
- oat flour
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
- creamy peanut butter
- almond milk (or milk of choice)
- cocoa powder
If you love these this recipe, you may also like:
- Lemon Apricot Cake
- Healthy Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Banana Crumb Coffee Cake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
Sometimes you just need banana bread, but actually make that cake…. with icing. Like a whole lot of thick cinnamon cream cheese icing. Can you say YUMMM.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe mashed banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the Frosting: Whip together the cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in the powered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cake and enjoy!
- I have not tried different types of ingredients, different flours, etc. Typically almond flour and gluten free flour are fairly interchangeable with each other as well as all purpose flour. However I have’t tried any swaps and can’t guarantee the results.
- Let your cake cool completely before frosting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake, banana cake, gluten free cake
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!