If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will love these gooey and delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! All the tasty flavors of your favorite under-baked cookie in a bar, no tedious dough scooping required.
You know how when you buy a big bag of salad greens it goes bad after approximately two seconds? Well the good news, friends, is that cookie bars don’t do that 🙂 So therefore the logical conclusion must be cookie bars > salad greens (I mean cookie bars are also better than just about everything if we’re being honest….). But never fear because these cookie bars are plenty healthy all by themselves, no greens required. Lightened up from your classic cookies by using chickpeas and almond butter to achieve the doughy texture we all love so much. Don’t worry I promise you can’t even taste the chickpeas, they just add the BEST texture. Plus the chick peas add a bonus boost of fiber and protein, I definitely consider that a win! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so fudgy and essentially taste like a bar of cookie dough. The perfect drool-worthy yet healthy treat to make for the week!
To make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars you will need:
- almond flour
- baking soda
- coconut sugar
- garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
A few notes:
1. I like the taste that almond butter adds but really any nut butter would work in this recipe. Peanut butter would be a great substitute.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- February 13, 2020
- 9 large bars or 16 smaller bars
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 2 cups almond flour
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- • pinch of salt
- • 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- • 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/2 cup maple syrup
- • 2 tsp vanilla
- • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for on top, optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- Step 2
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Step 3
- In a food processor, add the chick peas and process until smooth. Add the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla to the chick peas and process again until smooth.
- Step 4
- Pour wet mixture into the dry, add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Step 5
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top (optional).
- Step 6
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out somewhat clean and edges are slightly brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Step 7
- Cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. Store covered in the fridge
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!