If you like chocolate chip cookies, you will love these gooey and delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! All the tasty flavors of your favorite under-baked cookie in a bar, no tedious dough scooping required.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the chick peas and process until smooth. Add the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla to the chick peas and process again until smooth. Pour wet mixture into the dry, add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out somewhat clean and edges are slightly brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. Store covered in the fridge
I like the taste that almond butter adds but really any nut butter would work in this recipe. Peanut butter would be a great substitute.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 14.5g
- Fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 23.3mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chip cookie, cookie bar, healthy cookie bar