These Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bars are packed with oatmeal, sweet potato, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips.
Oh sweet potatoes, what can’t you do?? You can turn yourself into fries, pancakes, tater tots, and now the most delicious gooey sweet potato bars. Don’t worry, if you’re a little on the fence about adding sweet potato to a snack bar, it doesn’t add the strongest of flavors. You won’t feel like a sweet potato is punching you in the mouth, just adding a subtle bit of sweet while providing the most luscious gooey texture. Trust me, you’re going to love!
For these Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bars you will need:
- rolled oatmeal
- coconut butter
- almond butter
- sweet potato
- chopped walnuts
- pumpkin seeds
- maple syrup
- ground chia seeds (optional)
- chocolate chips
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bars are packed with oatmeal, sweet potato, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips. The best wholesome treat!
- 2 cups rolled oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup baked/steamed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more to sprinkle on top, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray) and set aside.
- Combine the oatmeal, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, ground chia, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor (or blender) blend the coconut butter, almond butter, sweet potato, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Combine the sweet potato mixture with the oat mixture and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into prepared pan and bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
This recipe calls for 1/2 cup coconut butter + 1/2 cup almond butter but you can also substitute the coconut butter for more almond butter and vice versa.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 7.8mg
- Fat: 19.9g
- Carbohydrates: 24.6g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato bars, healthy dessert, gluten free dessert, chocolate chip sweet potato bar
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!