These Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bars are packed with oatmeal, sweet potato, walnuts, and tons of chocolate goodness. They make the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack!
- 1 1/3 cup sweet potato, mashed/puréed
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chocolate chunks (plus more to sprinkle on top, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potato, almond butter, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add in the oatmeal, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt and mix until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into prepared pan, sprinkle chocolate chips on top, and bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
I like to bake or steam my sweet potatoes to prepare them to be mashed.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Sodium: 7.8mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato bars, healthy dessert, gluten free dessert, chocolate chip sweet potato bar