I’m sure you’ve heard of chocolate chip zucchini bread but have you tried chocolate chip zucchini sweet potato bread? Perfectly moist, subtly sweet, and all around delicious. A must try!
I made the most delicious chocolate chip zucchini sweet potato bread (say that 5 times fast) which Caleb dubbed my “vegetable loaf” 🤦♀️ . Well he sure did scarf it down pretty dang fast for teasing me that there’s not 1 but 2 veggies in this bread if I do say so myself! Seriously though it’s so delicious and just the perfect level of sweetness. Trust me when I say you would never know that there’s veggies in here. The zucchini adds moisture while the sweet potato adds the prefecture texture. If this is what eating your vegetables tastes like then sign me up!
To make this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread you will need:
- one one gluten free flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- coconut sugar
- sweet potato
- plain greek yogurt
- chocolate chips
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Sweet Potato Bread
- September 16, 2019
- 1 hr
- Print this
- • 2 cups one to one gluten free flour
- • 3/4 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 2 large eggs
- •3/4 cup coconut sugar
- • 1 cup mashed sweet potato (I boiled, cooled, then skinned 1 large sweet potato. Could also steam, roast, etc)
- •1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- •1 medium finally grated zucchini (squeezed of excess liquid)
- • 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 1 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/3 cup to sprinkle on top)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper
- Step 2
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Step 3
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add mashed sweet potato, grated zucchini, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Step 4
- Gently fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Step 5
- Gently fold 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips into batter
- Step 6
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle on additional chocolate chips.
- Step 7
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Step 8
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 min before removing from pan.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!