These Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bars are super easy, so delicious, and only require one bowl! The perfect quick dessert or snack.
Truly there’s nothing I love more than a cookie bar. Preferable with some oatmeal mixed in there because then it feels more appropriate when I eat it for breakfast…. know what I’m saying? The good news with these particular Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bars is that even without the justification of oatmeal, they are (in my opinion) plenty “healthy” enough to break out for breakfast or a snack. Yet they’re also delicious enough for dessert so it’s a real win win type of situation if you know what I mean.
Chewy, moist, delicious, and truly all of the good things. At this point there’s honestly nothing else to be said other than, let’s get to cooking!
Some of the many reasons you’ll love these Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bars:
- Super easy 1 – bowl recipe. Less dishes anyone? I think yes!
- Naturally gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- Full of wholesome and healthy ingredients.
- Only takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Dense, chewy, and actually delicious.
- Cookies but in bar form = less work = more time to binge watch 17 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix…. I mean at least that’s what I’ve been (wisely) doing with my time the last few months anyways…
Lets take a look at some of the ingredients:
- Old Fashion Rolled Oatmeal – I don’t recommend using steel cut or instant oatmeal, stick with the old fashioned rolled oatmeal.
- Almond Flour – Don’t have almond flour? Swap it out for all purpose flour or one to one gluten free replacement flour. I wouldn’t recommend swapping coconut flour as it is much more absorbent.
- Coconut Sugar – Personally, I love the lighter taste of coconut sugar plus I’m a fan of it being a little on the “healthier” side as far as granulated sugars go. However, this could easily be swapped for white sugar or a lighter brown sugar.
- Maple Syrup – If you don’t have maple syrup you can replace it with any liquid sweetener, honey, agave, etc.
- Almond Butter – Any nut butter will work, but I love the flavor the almond butter brings to these cookie bars.
- Almond Milk – Or your milk of choice. Nut milk, coconut milk, regular milk, anything will work.
- Eggs – I haven’t tried replacing the eggs with flax or chia eggs so if you do let me know in the comments!
- Chocolate Chunks – chocolate chips will also of course work, but sometimes I just love a chunk!
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
- Peanut Butter Granola Cups
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bars are super easy, so delicious, and only require one bowl! The perfect quick dessert or snack (or even breakfast!)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oatmeal, flour, sugar, maple syrup, baking soda, salt, almond butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are set and the bars are golden. Let cool and then cut into bars.
- Remember to let the bars cool before you cut into them. They will set up more as they cool.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Protein: 5.4g
Keywords: cookie bars, oatmeal cookie bars, chocolate cookie bars, gluten free cookie bars
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!