These Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins are so fudgy and delicious plus they couldn’t be easier to make! Did I mention they’re also packed with hidden veggies that you can’t even taste? Now that’s what I call a delicious win win.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s an easy recipe. Now every now and then I feel a sudden surge of ambition and go down a rabbit hole of Googling how to make my own gluten free sourdough starter so I can then make my own gluten free sour dough. However after about 10 minutes of reading blogs who all always have the disclaimer “this is an all-day process, making bread is a labor of love”, I quickly realize I would really love to not labor and just make something easy instead 😬 Especially when that something easy is also delicious. And also super chocolaty. And also full of veggies that I can’t taste because yo girl isn’t a huge “salad for lunch every day” type of gal.
Enter these Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins. If you can operate a blender, you can make these muffins. It really is that simple (and that delicious!). Go forth and blend my friends!
Tips for making chocolate zucchini blender muffins
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from your zucchini. This will make sure that they bake well and aren’t too moist – we are not here for soggy muffins.
- Use an extra ripe bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter it is!
- Be careful not to over-blend the batter. All you really need to do is pulse until everything is combined. If you over-blend the batter your muffins may turn out dense and almost rubbery.
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bake
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Muffins
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins are fudgy and delicious, super easy to make, and packed with hidden veggies!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated and squeezed of excess liquid* (See note!)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips/chunks (plus more for on top, optional.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for zucchini and chocolate chips) to a blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter but make sure not to over-blend*.
- Transfer to a large bowl and fold in chocolate chips and zucchini (or just use a spoon to mix everything in the blender).
- Evenly distribute batter between muffin liners. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
- 1 small grated zucchini should get you about 1/2 cup – 1/2 heaping cup. Make sure to really squeeze out the extra liquid so that your muffins don’t have too much liquid.
- Be careful not to over-blend your muffin batter. Over-blending will cause your muffins to rise too much and then turn out chewy and gummy. You do want the batter to be smooth, so just don’t let it keep running and running.
- These muffins are pretty moist so make sure not to under-bake them
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate muffin, double chocolate muffin, zucchini muffin, blender muffin
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!