These Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins are fudgy and delicious, super easy to make, and packed with hidden veggies!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated and squeezed of excess liquid* (See note!)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips/chunks (plus more for on top, optional.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for zucchini and chocolate chips) to a blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter but make sure not to over-blend*.
- Transfer to a large bowl and fold in chocolate chips and zucchini (or just use a spoon to mix everything in the blender).
- Evenly distribute batter between muffin liners. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
- 1 small grated zucchini should get you about 1/2 cup – 1/2 heaping cup. Make sure to really squeeze out the extra liquid so that your muffins don’t have too much liquid.
- Be careful not to over-blend your muffin batter. Over-blending will cause your muffins to rise too much and then turn out chewy and gummy. You do want the batter to be smooth, so just don’t let it keep running and running.
- These muffins are pretty moist so make sure not to under-bake them
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate muffin, double chocolate muffin, zucchini muffin, blender muffin