The best ever sweet potato fries! My favorite japanese sweet potatoes coated with coconut oil and a dusting of cinnamon.
If you’re like me and enjoy sneaking weird snacks into the movie theater then these cinnamon Japanese sweet potato fries might just be the snack for you. Truly though I have snuck some strange things into the movies over the years…. KFC, Sonic milkshakes, leftover pumpkin pie….. I like to consider myself a master of deception (specifically when it comes to sneaking in snacks to the movies….. other than that my stealth level is about 0….). But even if you’re not much a movie snack sneaker, I’m pretty positive these fries would taste just as good if you eat them at home…. I’ll have to try that sometime.
To make these Cinnamon Japanese Sweet Potato Fries you will need:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Cinnamon Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- September 7, 2019
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 1 -2 large Japanese sweet potatoes (you can use other sweet potatoes but the japanese tend to get crisper)
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • sprinkle of sea salt
- • 2 tbsp oil (I use olive oil or coconut oil)
- Step 1
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425ºF.
- Step 2
- Scrub your sweet potatoes and cut into matchsticks/strips.
- Step 3
- Place the sweet potato matchsticks on a large, rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper and sprinkle with the oil, cinnamon, and salt, tossing well to coat.
- Step 4
- Spread in a single layer and bake 10-15 minutes until golden on the bottom. Flip the slices over and cook until golden all over, 5-10 more minutes. (Tip: if they’re cooked through but not golden, turn on the broiler for a few minutes)
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!