Is there anything better than a classic banana bread fresh out of the oven? I certainly can’t think of anything! Makes for the perfect breakfast or snack.
- 1 1/2 cup one to one gluten free flour
- • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • Pinch of salt
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 2 eggs
- • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used mini)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs until smooth.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (Don’t over bake or it will be dry).
- I added mini chocolate chips to this recipe but feel free to add anything you want! Switch out the chocolate chips for walnuts or make it a chocolate chip nut combo!
- I used one to one gluten free flour but you could also use regular all-purpose white flour. The key to this recipe is to keep an eye on it because if you over-bake it then it will be dry.
- I recommend storing your banana bread in an airtight container so that it doesn’t dry out.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Fat: 9.7g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: classic banana bread, banana bread, healthy banana bread, gluten free banana bread