It’s easy to make in just 10 minutes, super-smooth and creamy, and all around delicious. Classic Creamy Hummus for the win!
Hummus. Best served on: crackers, cucumbers, pita bread, your fingers, a spatula, you get the picture. Don’t get me wrong I love all of the fancy hummus flavors that they’re coming out with these days (I recently tried this sriracha carrot hummus that blew my mind and I’m definitely going to have to re-create it) but there’s just something about the classic flavor that I keep coming back to. My little trick with this classic hummus that really takes it to the next level is to use some of the liquid from the chick pea can. This liquid is called “aquafaba” and is frequently used in vegan baking as a whipped egg white substitute. When blended all together the aquafaba gives the hummus the most creamy and almost “whipped” texture. Game. Changer.
To make this Classic Creamy Hummus you will need:
- tahini (this is my favorite)
- olive oil
- garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- liquid from chick pea can
- garlic clove
- salt to taste
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Classic Creamy Hummus
- September 14, 2019
- 10 min
- Print this
- • 1/4 cup tahini
- • 2 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 can garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- • 2 tbsp liquid from chick pea can
- • juice from 1 lemon
- • 1 medium garlic clove
- • 1/2 tsp cumin
- • 1/4 tsp paprika
- • salt to taste
- Step 1
- Add everything to a food processor and process until smooth. Salt to taste. If needed to thin, add more liquid from the chick pea can.
- Step 2
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for about 1 week.
- Step 3
- TIP: The key to a super smooth and light hummus is to let the food processor go for several minutes even if it’s looking smooth (I let mine run for about 5 min). The addition of the chick pea liquid will also help to make it super light and fluffy.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!