These coconut cacao bliss balls are the perfect snack or treat to satisfy that sweet tooth. Vegan and sugar-free!
These Coconut Cacao Bliss Balls were born for two different reasons:
1. My recent obsession with cacao nibs. Seriously though, have you tried cacao nibs??? I’m OBSESSED recently! Now, I don’t recommend you eat a giant spoonful of plain cacao nibs because you’ll probably break all your teeth and you’ll be in for a very bitter crunchy surprise (think eating a giant spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder or doing the cinnamon challenge. Not. Good). But in small quantities (like in a bliss ball) they add the most delicious deep chocolate flavor and the perfect crunch without adding any sugar. Plus they’re rich in many minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, and copper. I’d call that a win win.
2. So my sister and I thought if would be fun to challenge ourselves to one sugar free week (no “sugar free” sweetener substitutes allowed)….. and if you know me and my sweet tooth you’re probably LOLing right about now. Were we successful? I think that would depend on your definition of success 😜. But I came up with this tasty recipe to help me make it through the week so I’d so overall I would count the week as a win! These coconut cacao bliss balls really are the perfect treat packed full of ingredients to curb that sweet tooth and keep you full longer.
For these Coconut Cacao Bliss Balls you will need:
- unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- raw walnuts, unsalted
- raw cashews, unsalted
- coconut butter
- cashew milk
- sea salt
- cacao nibs
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These coconut cacao bliss balls are the perfect snack or treat to satisfy that sweet tooth. Vegan, gluten free, and sugar-free! Doesn’t get much better than that.
- 1 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts, unsalted
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, unsalted
- 4 dates, softened (see note below)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (or nut milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients except the cacao nibs in a food processor until dough is achieved. Add in the cacao nibs and pulse a few times to slightly break them up.
- Roll dough into balls, place on a tray lined with parchment paper, and let chill in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Store in the freezer. I recommend letting them thaw for a few minutes before you eat them.
- These balls are not overly sweet so if you prefer them sweeter I would add in 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- This recipe calls for cacao nibs which are crunchy and have a rich chocolate flavor (but no sugar). You can use chocolate chips instead if prefer the balls sweeter!
- Soften the dates by letting them sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Remember to take out the pit!
- Category: snack
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 7.3
- Fat: 23.5g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: .1mg
Keywords: bliss ball, coconut bliss ball, cacao coconut, energy ball
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!