What’s better than pumpkin bread you ask? Why pumpkin bread filled with a layer of cinnamon cream cheese in the middle. So flavorful and so moist!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups one to one gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin, oil, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, ginger, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of this layer and spread evenly, then add the remaining batter.
- Bake for 80-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (in the last 15 minutes of cooking cover with foil so that the top doesn’t brown too much). Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing, then place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Make sure to cover the top of the bread with foil in the last 15 minutes of baking so that it doesn’t brown too much.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 19.6g
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 49.7g
- Protein: 5.8g
Keywords: cream cheese filled pumpkin bread, cream cheese pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin bread