Curried Chicken Salad is a quick and tasty alternative to your traditional chicken salad with warming curry spices, sweet raisins and apples, and crunchy walnuts. It’s healthy and super delicious, only using a few simple ingredients.
Chicken Salad but make it curry! Does anyone else find it slightly bizarre how many different types of foods get the title “salad” assigned to them? I mean I’m sorry but what in the actual heck does a spinach salad have in common with the gelatinous “salads” from the 50’s and 60’s? Have you ever googled those salads?? Just imagine someone saying: “You know what would be super fun? What if we tried mixing lemon jello with canned tuna!”, and you’ve basically got the picture. I do digress though, back to the salad at hand. Curried Chicken Salad to be exact. This is not your average “chicken + mayo now let’s call it a day” chicken salad. Warming curry spices mixed with sweet raisins and crunchy walnuts really take the chicken salad experience to the next level. So easy to throw together, and absolutely perfect for meal prep. Caleb is more of a sandwich guy while I like my chicken salad on lettuce cups or in a wrap. Truly the options are limitless and you can’t go wrong!
To make this Curried Chicken Salad you will need:
- shredded chicken breast
- greek yogurt
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- salt and pepper
A few notes:
1. For the chicken: you can cook it any way you want (stove top, bake, poach etc). Or make it super easy and buy an already cooked rotisserie chicken.
2. If you don’t want to use any mayo you can just use more Greek yogurt. Or if you don’t want to use Greek yogurt you can just use all mayo. However I really like the flavor and texture of the combination. (This mayonnaise is a really good brand with quality ingredients.)
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Curried Chicken Salad
- February 18, 2020
- 15 min
- Print this
- • 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- • 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- • 1/2 cup raw walnuts, broken into pieces
- • 1/3 cup raisins
- • 1 (5 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
- • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- • 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- • 2 tbsp curry powder
- • salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise , garlic powder, curry powder, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- Step 2
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, apple, walnuts and raisins.
- Step 3
- Toss the chicken mixture with the sauce and serve. (I like eating my chicken salad as a sandwich with tomatoes, pickles, and lettuce. It’s also delicious on a salad, lettuce cups, or with crackers.)
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!