This easy recipe for Double Chocolate Cookies is healthy, paleo, and gluten free. Perfectly soft and chewy, completely ideal for the holidays (or any time of the year really)!
So I’m not just a huge fan of most Christmas cookies if I’m being honest. Peppermint drinks and candies are delicious but added into cookies? Not so much. Sugar cookies are fun to decorate and all but does anyone else feel like the flavor just tastes like a mouthful of powdered sugar frosting? Gingerbread? Can’t stand it. I know, I know I’m starting to sound like the Grinch and could really use something to help my heart grow three sizes.
Luckily I have just the thing! As I was sitting and contemplating what cookies to make for the holidays, inspiration struck. Double Chocolate Cookies. Perfect for the holidays and basically every other day too.
They’re so easy to make, have super simple ingredients, and are absolutely dang delicious. Plus if you want to add in a peppermint twist just mix 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract into the batter! Or really take it to the next level by dipping them half way in white chocolate and sprinkling with crushed candy canes!
To make these Double Chocolate Cookies you will need:
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
- Super Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
This easy recipe for Double Chocolate Cookies is healthy, paleo, and gluten free. They’re both soft and chewy and perfect for the holidays (or any time of the year really)!
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 heaping cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Scoop out the dough onto prepared baking tray flatten slightly, and bake for about 10-11 minutes
- If you want to add a peppermint twist to these cookies, try adding 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract. Or try dipping 1/2 of the baked cookies in white chocolate and sprinkling them with crushed candy canes.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: double chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies, paleo cookies, paleo chocolate cookies
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!