Because just one type of chocolate isn’t enough, I give you Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Chocolate on chocolate? Yes please!
Ohhhhhh zucchini look how far we come….. from when I was little and had to drown the zucchini in that powdered parmesan cheese just to be able to choke it down without gagging (side note: what is that big shaker tub of “parmesan cheese” even made of??? Because I have a feeling it isn’t actually parmesan cheese, no offense Kraft). And here we are now, years later, and I’m voluntarily adding zucchini into my baked goods…. what a time to be alive!
Trust me though, even your picky eaters will love this veggie studded bread because 1. they won’t even notice the zucchini and 2. Double. Chocolate. Sometimes one type of chocolate just isn’t enough and you gotta go for the double! I personally like using a dark chocolate bar but if you want a little extra sweet then go for a milk chocolate twist! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert (with a scoop of ice cream), you’re going to love!
To make this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread you will need:
- one one gluten free flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- greek yogurt
- coconut sugar
- dark chocolate bar
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- Best Ever Healthy Banana Bread
- Classic Banana Bread
- Best Ever Healthy Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
Because just one type of chocolate isn’t enough, I give you this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Chocolate on chocolate? Yes please!
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (one to one replacement flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeezed to get rid of extra liquid)
- 1 chopped dark chocolate bar (or 1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, yogurt, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips/chunks.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from oven and let it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before taking it out and cooling completely.
- If you don’t want/need to use gluten free flour, all purpose flour should work as a great substitute.
- If you don’t want to use a chocolate bar just substitute 1/2 – 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Be sure not to over-bake because gluten free flour can get dry
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 16.2g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 34.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: double chocolate zucchini bread, zucchini bread, double chocolate bread, banana bread
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!