Because just one type of chocolate isn’t enough, I give you this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Chocolate on chocolate? Yes please!
Ohhhhhh zucchini look how far we come….. from when I was little and had to drown the zucchini in that powdered parmesan cheese just to be able to choke it down without gagging (side note: what is that big shaker tub of “parmesan cheese” even made of??? Because I have a feeling it isn’t actually parmesan cheese, no offense Kraft). And here we are now, years later, and I’m voluntarily adding zucchini into my baked goods…. what a time to be alive! Trust me though, even your picky eaters will love this veggie studded bread because 1. they won’t even notice the zucchini and 2. Double. Chocolate. Sometimes one type of chocolate just isn’t enough and you gotta go for the double! I personally like using a dark chocolate bar but if you want a little extra sweet then go for a milk chocolate twist! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert (with a scoop of ice cream), you’re going to love!
To make this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread you will need:
- one one gluten free flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- greek yogurt
- coconut sugar
- dark chocolate bar
A few notes:
1. If you don’t want/need to use gluten free flour, all purpose flour should work as a great substitute. .
2. If you don’t want to use a chocolate bar just substitute 1/2 – 1 cup of chocolate chips.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- September 22, 2019
- 1 hr
- Print this
- • 1 1/4 cup one to one gluten free flour
- • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp sea salt
- • 2 eggs
- • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- • 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeezed to get rid of extra liquid)
- • 1 chopped dark chocolate bar (or 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips)
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Step 2
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Step 3
- Mix the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Fold in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips/chunks.
- Step 4
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine (don’t over-mix)
- Step 5
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spread it out evenly and add more chocolate on top (optional)
- Step 6
- Bake for 50-60 min. Be sure not to over-bake because gluten free flour can get dry
- Step 7
- Remove the loaf from oven and let it cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before taking it out and cooling completely.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!