These moist and fudgey Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars will raise a huge question. How are there vegetables in THIS?! And how is this healthy enough to eat for breakfast? Yep, they’re that dang delicious.
I’ve got to say that one of my hobbies, nay one of my talents is making things that taste indulgent and rich yet are sneakily healthy and totally acceptable for breakfast. I mean when you’re eating something that tastes like a brownie but it’s actually a breakfast oat bar filled with zucchini? I believe you just got punked. In the best way possible. Just a few simple ingredients in these Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars and you’ve just prepped yourself the best possible breakfast for the week in less than 30 minutes. I know you’re going to love!
To make these Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars you will need:
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- nut milk
- rolled oatmeal
- oat flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Double Chocolate Zucchini Oatmeal Bars
- March 16, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 1 banana, mashed
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- • 1/2 cup nut milk
- • 1 small zucchini (finely grated and squeezed of excess moisture)
- • 1 cup rolled oatmeal
- • 1 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make your own by blending rolled oats)
- • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • pinch of salt
- • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for on top. Optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray) and set aside.
- Step 2
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the banana, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, peanut butter, nut milk, and zucchini until smooth.
- Step 3
- In a large bowl combine the oatmeal, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 4
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 5
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips (optional), and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!