Sometimes you just need banana bread, but actually make that cake…. with icing. Like a whole lot of thick cinnamon cream cheese icing. Can you say YUMMM.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe mashed banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the icing:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, gluten free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the Frosting: Whip together the cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in the powered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cake and enjoy!
- I have not tried different types of ingredients, different flours, etc. Typically almond flour and gluten free flour are fairly interchangeable with each other as well as all purpose flour. However I have’t tried any swaps and can’t guarantee the results.
- Let your cake cool completely before frosting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cake, banana cake, gluten free cake