This Fire Roasted Turkey Chili takes regular chili to the next level! Done in around 30 minutes, this chili is healthy, packed with protein, and makes for great leftovers!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the diced onion and cook stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, about 7 – 10 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, onion powder, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add in ground turkey, breaking it up and cooking until no longer pink/ cooked through.
- Stir in the kidney beans, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth (if the chili is too thick for you, add more broth or water). Bring to a simmer and continue to simmer for 20 – 25 mins.
- Enjoy! Top with cheese, sour cream, jalapenos or any other toppings you want.
I like to also eat my chili served over rice. I’ve learned that this isn’t common so I highly recommend you give it a try!
- Category: entree, lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: serves 6
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Keywords: fire roasted turkey chili, turkey chili, healthy turkey chili, fire roasted chili