These Funfetti Birthday Cake Cookies are the perfect sweet treat to take you back to your childhood! So yummy, so dang cute, and so much fun to make!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 (heaping) tbsp sprinkles (plus more for on top)
- Vanilla frosting of choice (I used this brand – my favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.
- Next, stir in flour, baking soda and salt until a dough forms. Fold in sprinkles. Allow the dough to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into golf sized balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet spaced apart then flatten each dough ball with your hand so that it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, let cool completely, and then frost. Enjoy!
- I used this all purpose gluten free flour (hence why the cookies are slightly brown. This flour isn’t bright white). Most gluten free all purpose flour is white – any brand of all purpose gluten free flour will work great.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookies, Funfetti cookies, birthday cake cookies, gluten free sugar cookie