These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are the perfect soft and chewy holiday time dessert. So much easier (and tastier) than individual gingerbread cookies!
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain green yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese, well softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond butter, molasses, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, ginger, cinnamon , allspice, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth with a spatula then bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before icing.
- For the icing: in a stand mixer or or with a hand mixer, beat the yogurt and cream cheese until smooth and silky. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until well combined. Frost once the cake is completely cool. Enjoy!
- For the spices you can also substitute 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of all of the spices for a similar result.
- The icing is optional and the bars will still be super yummy without it (but who doesn’t love cream cheese icing?!?)
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread, cookie bar, gingerbread bar, molasses