These healthier mini blueberry cheesecakes are about to be your new favorite luscious dessert! “Lightened up” with a greek yogurt and less sugar than your traditional recipes, but trust me, you would never know.
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5.3 ounce container vanilla or honey green yogurt
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 9 tsp blueberry jam (1 tsp per mini cheesecake)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and line a muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners.
- For the crust: In a food processor, blend your crackers or cookies into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a small bowl and stir in melted butter until fully combined. Evenly distribute the batter between the 9 cups, pressing with your fingers or a spoon to flatten. Bake for about 8 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes while you make your filling.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute (don’t over-beat). Add in the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla and beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about another minute. Turn the mixer to medium-low and add in the egg and egg white one at a time. Scrap down sides of bowl to make sure everything is fully combined (but again, don’t over-beat).
- Evenly distribute the batter on top of the 9 crusts. Then using a toothpick, swirl 1 tsp of jam into each of the cup’s batter. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Allow the pan to cool to room temperature, then let chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
- USE ROOM TEMP CREAM CHEESE. Cold ingredients require longer mixing and longer mixing adds too much air to the batter which will leave you with a sunken center.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, mini cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, healthy cheesecake