This lightened up Cajun Chicken Pasta brings all the same delicious flavors as the classic you love with a slightly healthier twist!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cashew milk (see note)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp corn starch whisked together with 3 tsp water
- 8 oz linguini, cooked according to the directions on the package
For the spice mix:
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Mix together all of the spices for your spice mix and set aside. Cut your chicken into cubes and then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of your spice mix on the chicken to coat.
- Heat your oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in your chopped bell peppers and cook 3 minutes. Next stir in the remaining spices, cashew milk, parmesan cheese, and corn starch mixture. Bring to a light boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Reduce to a simmer, stir in the pasta, and let it cook for an additional minute and then serve!
- Make sure that you use unsweetened plain cashew milk. I used this one. You can use other milks but it will change the flavor. Real 2% milk will have the most similar flavor. Coconut milk would also be a good substitute, but note that it will be slightly sweeter.
- The Nutrition Facts are calculated for 4 servings.
- Category: entree
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 37.2g
Keywords: healthy cajun chicken pasta, cajun chicken pasta, healthy pasta, chicken pasta