Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are a perfect on-the-go breakfast, snack, or dessert! Super easy and comes together in just 30 minutes.
If 2019 taught me anything, it’s that you folks tend to like banana, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and oatmeal as much as I do. You are truly my kind of people. With this knowledge, I knew I had to find a way to combine all of these delicious ingredients which led me to these Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars! Eat them for breakfast. Eat them for snack. Eat them for dessert with a side of ice cream. You really do you here because you really can’t go wrong. Super easy, wholesome ingredients, and honesty so dang delicious! Healthy, gluten free, and refined sugar free (depending on what chocolate chips you use).
To make these Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars you will need:
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- nut milk
- rolled oatmeal
- oat flour
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- January 2, 2020
- 30 min
- Print this
- • 1 banana, mashed
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- • 1/2 cup nut milk
- • 1 cup rolled oatmeal
- • 1 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make your own by blending rolled oats)
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • pinch of salt
- • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for on top. Optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray) and set aside.
- Step 2
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the banana, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, peanut butter, and nut milk until smooth.
- Step 3
- In a large bowl combine the oatmeal, oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 4
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 5
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips (optional), and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!