These Healthy Monster Cookies are a wholesome take on a childhood classic! Packed with peanut butter flavor, chocolate chips, and m&ms. There’s nothing better!
Healthy Monster Cookies really are just everything I’ve been needing in my life right now. Cookies? Check. Peanut butter? Check. Candy? Double check.
Truth be told I have a little bit of an M&M obsession. Like, I’m inclined to say M&Ms are possible my favorite conventional candy. Bold statement I know but the truth. In college Caleb would make me a personalized bag of “Colleen’s Trail Mix” for special occasions which was actually just a giant bag of all the different flavors of M&Ms. Have you ever gone to a Walgreens and checked out the M&MS aisle?? I tell you what they have every flavor you could possibly dream of these days! So just picture me snacking on a bag of “Trail Mix” which was really just all of the M&Ms available in Walgreens: raspberry, peanut, peanut butter, regular, almond, mint, pretzel, caramel, crispy, I think you get the idea. My ideal game of Russian roulette 😂.
Don’t worry, in this particular recipe I stuck to just 1 type of M&M as no one wants a mouthful of mint M&Ms mixed with peanut butter, ya feel me? If you’re a little anti- M&M and looking for an alternative no worries! Unreal makes a great option with better quality ingredients (they’re not mini but they will work just as well).
Reasons why you’ll love these Healthy Monster Cookies:
- Super easy easy to make.
- Only 1 bowl needed. Less dishes? Yes please!
- Naturally gluten free – no flour!
- Makes for the perfect healthy snack or dessert.
- Ummmmm hello! Candy….. PLUS cookies!
What makes these cookies “healthy”?
All the peanut butter. These cookies use a good amount of peanut butter which helps get in a little protein & some healthy fat. Each cookie has about 7g of protein which is a LOT for a cookie, hooray! Additionally the peanut butter cuts out the need for any oils or butter which is another great perk. I like to use an all natural peanut butter that’s made from just peanuts or just peanuts and salt.
Old Fashion Rolled Oatmeal. Is there anything oatmeal can’t do? I think not. I used certified gluten free oatmeal to keep these cookies gluten free but if you’re not gluten free then any brand of rolled oatmeal will work great.
Lower in sugar. The combination of a little brown or coconut sugar with just a few tablespoons of maple syrup is really all you need for this recipe!
No Flour. That’s right, these monster cookies are made without any flour. The peanut butter and oats hold together great, no flour required.
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
- The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Super Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
These healthier flourless monster cookies are a wholesome take on a childhood classic! Packed with peanut butter flavor, chocolate chips, and m&ms. There’s nothing better!
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Next stir in the oats, baking soda and salt. Lastly fold in chocolate chips and m&ms.
- Scoop balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet and use your hands to flatten slightly, adding additional m&ms on top before baking if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookie is set. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- These cookies do not spread out very much in the oven so make sure to flatten them slightly before baking.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Fat: 14.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Protein: 7.4g
Keywords: monster cookie, healthy cookie, peanut butter cookie, M&M cookie
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!