Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Blossoms! Healthier soft-baked super thick peanut butter cookies topped with mini peanut butter cups. Like your classic peanut butter blossoms but with a yummy twist!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter isn’t salted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- candy of choice: I used half miniature peanut butter cups and half dark chocolate squares
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, roll in the coconut sugar, place on the baking tray, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Immediately press desired candy in the center of each cookie. Remove from the tray and let cool.
- Feel free to customize these with whatever chocolate candy you want! Hershey Kiss is the classic choice but I loved the idea of peanut butter on peanut butter so I used miniature peanut butter cups for half of the cookies (for the other half I used dark chocolate squares)
- I added the candy on top right after the cookies came out of the oven because I wanted it to get melty. If you prefer your candy more intact, I would let the cookies cool a little before topping with candy.
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 10.2g
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: healthy peanut butter cup blossoms, healthy peanut butter cookie, peanut butter cookie, peanut butter cup cookie