This super easy Honey Almond Granola is the perfect healthy crunch to add to your yogurt, smoothies, or as a snack! Just a handful or simple ingredients makes for the perfect crunchy treat.
To be honest I consider myself a bit of a granola connoisseur if there is such a thing. However that may just be because of the insanely large quantity of granola that I consume each day…. TBD on that one. Seriously though guys I LOVE granola. I love it so much that it would actually be difficult to even narrow down my favorite brands of granola to a top 5. I cannot stress enough how much I love it.
And while store bought granola is essentially my life blood, sometimes the ingredients can be a little … too much. Too many ingredients, too much sugar, not quite the flavor I was looking for. You get the picture. Thus I decided to venture further into the world of homemade granola to make my favorite granola recipe yet!
Super simple, minimal ingredients, low sugar, delicious flavor, truly all the things. I was looking for a more “neutral” granola to top all of my yogurt bowls, fruit smoothies, etc (aka not a granola with globs of chocolate) and this is just that!
Subtly sweet with the best honey and almond flavor; I kind of feel like I’m eating honey-nut Cheerio flavored granola! It gets delightfully crisp and makes the biggest clusters which I am personally a big fan of. Plus it makes your whole house smell like an actual candle while it’s in the oven so there really is no downside here. So easy, so delicious. Enjoy!
What is in this Honey Almond Granola?
Rolled Oatmeal – I highly recommend using rolled oatmeal and not quick oats or steel cut oats.
Almonds – Although almonds are in the name or the recipe, if they’re not your jam you can switch them up for an equal amount of your favorite nut! Walnuts would be great.
Honey – Such a wonderful delicious natural sweetener that also helps hold everything together to make big clusters! Maple syrup will also work (however it will change the “honey flavor”)
Coconut Oil – Really helps the granola to crisp up in the oven. Don’t worry you won’t get any “coconut flavor” from the oil in your granola.
Almond Extract – Really amps up that delicious almond taste! You can omit or swap for additional vanilla but it really does add a little something extra to the recipe.
How do you make honey almond granola?
This recipe could not be easier to throw together! Simply mix together the wet ingredients, stir in the dry, and bake! Make sure to spread your granola in a thin, even layer on your backing tray to ensure that it bakes evenly and crisps up.
Granola still feeling soft and slightly wet to touch after it bakes?
No worries! The granola actually hardens as it cools so give it a good while to cool completely.
Once cooled, break up your granola into desired size clusters and enjoy!
How should I store this granola?
Store in a sealed ziploc bag or an airtight container on the counter. It will last for about 2 weeks! Or store it in the fridge for even longer.
If you love this Honey Almond Granola, you may also like:
- Banana Bread Granola
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Granola Cups
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
This super easy Honey Almond Granola is the perfect healthy crunch to add to your yogurt, smoothies, or as a snack! Simple and delicious!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oatmeal
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
- Mix the oatmeal and almonds in with the wet ingredients and stir until all of your oats and nuts are covered entirely. Pour your granola onto your pan and spread it out into one, thin, even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to gain a bit of color. The granola will get crunchy as it cools.
- There’s a couple different ways you can go about chopping your almonds: 1. You can give them a quick pulse in your food processor. 2 Give them a rough chop with a sharp knife. 3 Seal your almonds in a plastic bag before breaking them up using a mallet or meat tenderizer (this is the method I used).
- This granola isn’t super super sweet so if you prefer a sweeter granola, just add a few tbsp of a granulated sugar of your choice (coconut sugar, cane sugar, etc)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 7.1
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: honey almond granola, granola, healthy granola, honey granola
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!