Inside-Out Egg Roll in a bowl! So quick, so easy, and absolutely packed with delicious egg roll flavor. The perfect quick weeknight meal.
If you’ve ever been like man all I really want to eat is a shiz ton of egg rolls….. But actually just the filling….. And also can you make a “healthier” version? Well friend if you’ve ever had that very specific thought pattern (as I often do) then this Inside-Out Egg Roll recipe has got you covered! Packed full of veggies and lean protein with all the delicious flavors you love in an egg-roll. Plus this is the easiest recipe to customize based on what you have in your fridge! Use the veggies that you already have paired with the rice that you already have. Cover it all in the most delicious sauce. You really can’t go wrong!
To make this Inside-Out Egg Roll recipe you will need:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
Inside-Out Egg Roll in a bowl! So quick, so easy, and absolutely packed with vegetables and delicious egg roll flavor. The perfect quick weeknight meal.
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
For the Inside-Out Egg Roll
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large carrots, chopped (or 1 cup shredded carrots)
- 1 cup snap peas, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- Cooked rice of choice: I like basmati or jasmine (About 1 1/2 uncooked, 3 cups cooked)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add all of the veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside on a plate. Add the ground turkey and continue to sauté until cooked fully through.
- Add the rice, sauce, and veggies to the meat and stir to combine.
- Once full combined, serve and enjoy!
- Whatever veggies you choose to use, make sure to chop them all fairly small and about the same size so that they all cook evenly.
- You can use fresh rice but day old rice is preferable. Day old rice has dried out a bit so it is able to absorb the sauce without getting mushy.
- Category: entree, lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: serves 6
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 17.4g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 72.9g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Cholesterol: 52.2mg
Keywords: stir fry, healthy stir fry, egg roll in a bowl, inside out egg roll
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!