This lemon apricot cake is perfectly moist, subtly sweet, and packed with flavor. The absolute best gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free treat! As much as I love chocolate, sometimes I’m just feeling a fruit flavor to mix things up, you feel me? I was honestly blown away and so excited with how delicious this cake came out! It’s seriously one of my new favorite recipes! It’s so perfect with your morning coffee or as an after dinner treat.
If you love these this recipe, you may also like:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
This lemon apricot cake is perfectly moist, subtly sweet, and packed with flavor. The absolute best gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free treat! It’s so perfect with your morning coffee or as an after dinner treat.
- 2 eggs⠀
- 2/3 cup maple syrup⠀
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used oat milk)
- 1/2 cup olive oil ⠀
- juice and zest from 1 small lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract⠀
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder⠀
- 1/4 tsp salt⠀
- Fresh apricots to cover the top of the cake, thinly sliced (I used 3-4 apricots)
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8 or 9” round cake pan with parchment paper. ⠀
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, milk, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla until smooth. ⠀
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. (don’t over-mix)
- Pour batter into pan and arrange sliced apricots evenly in a single layer on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are ok!)⠀
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a cooling rack. ⠀
- Once cooled, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar (optional) and enjoy!
- This is a moist cake so make sure to not underbake
- I used apricots from Heavenly New Zealand (seriously so good)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: olive oil cake, cake, gluten free cake, lemon apricot cake
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!