Lemon Poppyseed but with a delicious blueberry twist! If you love all things citrus, then you are going to love this Lemon Poppyseed Blueberry Bread. So easy to bake, so delicious, and it makes for a great breakfast, coffee-time snack, or dessert.
Lemon Poppyseed Bread? I don’t know her, she’s soooooo 2020 🤪. I kid, I kid. Of course I love me some classic lemon poppyseed bread, I’m not insane. But if there’s one kind of challenge I truly enjoy, it’s to take something that is already the bomb and take it to the next level until it becomes the bomb.com. Aka adding some blueberries into the mix!
Adding fresh blueberries into the classic lemon poppyseed bread? Delicious. Adding blueberry jam into the most dreamyyyyyy lemon blueberry glaze that also is my ideal shade of purple? Genius. I know you’re going to love!
Why I love this gluten free lemon poppyseed blueberry bread
- No weird ingredients! I like to keep the ingredients in my recipes simple. This recipe uses only a combination of two gluten free flours: almond flour and all purpose gluten free flour.
- Couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is mix your ingredients together, throw it in the oven, done.
- Ultra spring-time flavors. Lemon on lemon on blueberry? Nothing better
- Uses honey as the only natural sugar (not including the icing).
- Such a pretty loaf – perfect to make for a fun diy brunch get together.
- Also perfect for a mid-morning healthy snack or dessert after dinner.
More lemon goodies to check out:
Other easy bread or loaf recipes to try:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
This Lemon Poppyseed Blueberry Bread is so easy to bake, so delicious, and makes for a great breakfast, coffee-time snack, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup lemon or vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- zest from 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries tossed in 1 tbsp flour (this helps the blueberries not to sink in the bread)
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon blueberry jam
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the flours, poppyseeds, baking soda, and salt and stir together. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan for 5 mins then remove and transfer to a wire rack. Allow bread to cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar, jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice together until smooth. You may need to add in more lemon juice if it is too thick (or water). Glaze should be somewhat thick. Pour over bread and spread with a spatula. Enjoy!
- The icing is optional but this bread isn’t overly sweet so I enjoy the extra sweetness that the glaze brings to the loaf.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon poppyseed bread, lemon blueberry bread, lemon poppyseed, lemon loaf
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!