This Lemon Poppyseed Blueberry Bread is so easy to bake, so delicious, and makes for a great breakfast, coffee-time snack, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup lemon or vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- zest from 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries tossed in 1 tbsp flour (this helps the blueberries not to sink in the bread)
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon blueberry jam
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the flours, poppyseeds, baking soda, and salt and stir together. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread in the pan for 5 mins then remove and transfer to a wire rack. Allow bread to cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar, jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice together until smooth. You may need to add in more lemon juice if it is too thick (or water). Glaze should be somewhat thick. Pour over bread and spread with a spatula. Enjoy!
- The icing is optional but this bread isn’t overly sweet so I enjoy the extra sweetness that the glaze brings to the loaf.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon poppyseed bread, lemon blueberry bread, lemon poppyseed, lemon loaf