The best Maple Pecan Bread with Cream Cheese Icing! An easy one-bowl bread recipe made with maple syrup and studded with pecans then topped with the must luscious cream cheese icing. Delicious!
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans and a few more for on top
For the Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract (optional)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple extract, almond butter, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in pecans.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the icing: in a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the cream cheese, butter, and extracts until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Once the bread has cooled, spread the icing on top and sprinkle on additional pecans. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is not a super sweet bread so if you would prefer a sweeter bread I would recommend adding in about 1/3-1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar to the dough.
- The maple extract will add the super “maple” flavor like in a maple doughnut but the bread will taste delicious without it as well.
- Make sure to store in an air-right container in the fridge (cream cheese needs to be refrigerated).
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: maple, maple bread, gluten free bread, maple pecan