The easiest homemade slow cooker apple butter makes for the perfect toast or yogurt topper. Sweetened with honey and full of delicious spices. Perfect for fall!
What can I say about this apple butter except it’s easy, it’s delicious, and it went on quite the journey to get to me…. Truth be told, not only is this my mom’s apple butter recipe but this particular batch was made by her as well. You can bet that the recipe has GOT to be good when your mom decides to check her luggage so that she can get her apple butter past TSA to bring when she visits her kids. Now that had got to be some award winning apple butter, and it really does live up to the hype if I do say so myself. Eat it on top of oatmeal, on a slice of bread, with a giant spoon, you really do you here.
For this Homemade Slow Cooker Honey Apple Butter you will need:
If you love this recipe, you may also like:
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
The easiest homemade slow cooker apple butter makes for the perfect toast or yogurt topper. Sweetened with honey and full of delicious spices.
- 10 cups of chopped apples (skin on)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2– 1 cup water (start with 1/2 and add as necessary)
- Add all of the ingredients to a crockpot on low. Cook on low for 8 hours (stirring occasionally)
- Once finished cooking, add the apple mixture to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Let cool and enjoy! (Store in the fridge)
- The apple butter will thicken a little as it chills so that will help you determine if you want to add more water or not.
- It will look like a ton at first but it cooks down quite a bit.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hrs
Keywords: slow cooker apple butter, honey apple butter, apple butter, healthy apple butter
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!