These No Bake Almond Joy Bars are a healthy dessert full of coconut and almonds and then topped with chocolate for the tastiest bite. Vegan, gluten free, and just a handful of simple ingredients – you’re going to love.
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (rolled or instant)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup dates (about 5–6 dates)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw chopped almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
For the Chocolate:
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add the oatmeal, coconut oil, almond butter, dates, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- With a spatula, stir in the almonds and coconut until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out evenly in the loaf pan and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- For the chocolate layer, add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave and melt in 20-30 second increments, stirring in-between each increment (should just take two-three times). Microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut almond mixture and spread evenly. Optional: top with additional almonds or coconut.
- Place in freezer until everything is set, 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer
- There’s a couple different ways you can go about chopping your almonds yourself: 1. You can give them a quick pulse in your food processor. 2 Give them a rough chop with a sharp knife. 3 Seal your almonds in a plastic bag before breaking them up using a mallet or meat tenderizer (this is the method I used).
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond joy, almond joy bars, no bake bars