Delicious and simple No-Bake Vegan Ice Cream Bars. An easy granola base topped with a lush creamy vanilla “ice cream”. All you need is a high powdered food processor and a little patience while it freezes. Dairy free and gluten free.
I will admit that the first time I heard about using raw cashews to make “ice cream” or “cheesecake” I was kinda like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But then I actually gave it a try and was 100% converted. When you soak cashews and then blend them in a quality blender or food processor they become soooo creamy and delicious! Add in a little coconut milk and it takes that creaminess up even more! I also love these No-Bake Vegan Ice Cream Bars because they’re lower in sugar and (in my opinion) a totally valid option for a snack. Ice cream for a snack? I mean sign me up! This recipe is super easy and only uses a handful of everyday ingredients. Utilizing granola for the base takes the easy to the next level and makes the bars 100% customizable. Feeling like a chocolate base? Use your favorite chocolate granola. More of a fruity flavor fan? Go for your favorite fruity granola! So easy and delicious, I know you’re going to be a fan regardless of if you’re vegan or not!
To make these No-Bake Vegan Ice Cream Bars you will need:
A few notes:
1. The great thing about this recipe is that the granola base can be any flavor you choose! I went with a classic vanilla for the “ice cream” so that it would pair well with any flavor of granola that you want. Here are some of my favorite granola brands: 1. Safe + Fair (the birthday cake flavor is one of my favorites. I used this brand in the photos). 2. Bear Naked Granola (all of the flavors would make a great base). 3. Purely Elizabeth.
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXO
No-Bake Vegan Ice Cream Bars
- February 1, 2020
- Print this
- • 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight in cool water or in very hot water for 1 hour)
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1/3 cup maple syrup
- • 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- • pinch of salt
- • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- • juice from 1 small lemon
- • 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- • 12 oz bag of granola of choice
- Step 1
- Add cashews to a bowl, cover with very hot water, and let soak 1 hour. Or cover with cool water and let soak for 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain well and set aside.
- Step 2
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Step 3
- Prepare crust by adding coconut oil and granola to a food processor and blending until small bits remain and dough forms into a ball. (may take several minutes). Press the crust dough evenly into the loaf pan. Place in the freezer to firm up.
- Step 4
- Add all the filling ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix until very smooth.
- Step 5
- Pour the filling onto the chilled crust and evenly spread. Freeze until firm – about 6 hours or overnight. Before slicing and serving, let thaw slightly for about 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!