My new favorite pancakes to make are these Oatmeal Banana Pancakes! Gluten free, sugar free, easy to make, and all around delicious!
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Fully mix together the eggs and banana.
- Once combined add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with oil or butter and heat over medium low – medium. Spoon about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake onto skillet and cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. You can add chocolate chips to the tops of the pancakes before you flip.
- Makes about 5-6 medium sized pancakes.
- If you’re using an extra large banana and/or large eggs then your batter may turn out on the thinner side. Just add additional flour until your batter becomes thick.
- The best way to cook these pancakes is low and slow! This prevents any burning on the bottom, but still gives you a golden-brown crust around the edges.
- I decided to make these pancakes with chocolate chips but you can use any toppings that you want! Another favorite of mine is to replace the chocolate chips with blueberries!
- Vanilla protein powder is another great add-in. This one is my favorite.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Protein: 9.1g
Keywords: oatmeal banana pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, banana pancakes, healthy pancakes