An easy recipe for moist, delicious, gluten free, Peanut Butter Banana Bread with chocolate chips. Makes for the perfect tasty breakfast or snack!
Peanut butter. Banana. Need I say more? I’m being 100% serious when I say I consume peanut butter or banana in some form almost every single day. It just made sense to combine the two loves of my life into one delicious bread. There’s nothing better than fresh banana bread straight from the oven and I guarantee you’re going to love this peanut butter twist!
What makes this Peanut Butter Banana Bread healthy?
- This banana bread is sweetened using coconut sugar which is much less processed than regular white sugar. In addition to that, the amount of sugar is less than traditional recipes. Don’t worry you won’t even miss it, the super ripe bananas make for the perfect sweet banana flavor!
- I swapped out the traditional sticks of butter for a combination of plain yogurt and peanut butter, delicious!
- Lastly, unlike traditional recipes which call for more refined all purpose flour this recipe uses a combination of oat flour and one to one gluten free replacement flour.
What’s the best way to store Peanut Butter Banana Bread?
Since this bread is made with multiple bananas, it will only keep for a couple days at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator for five to seven days, or in the freezer for about three months or so. If you store it in the freezer, I recommend slicing it into individual slices beforehand.
For this Peanut Butter Banana Bread you will need:
- one one gluten free flour
- oat flour (I like to make my own by blending rolled oatmeal)
- baking soda
- baking powder
- coconut sugar
- plain yogurt
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
If you love this Peanut Butter Banana Bread, you may also like:
- Best Ever Healthy Zucchini Bread
- Classic Banana Bread
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Best Ever Healthy Banana Bread
If you make this recipe I would love it if you comment below and let me know how it was! Also tag @servingupsimplicity on Instagram and use the hashtag #servingupsimplicity. XOXOPrint
An easy recipe for a super moist, delicious, gluten free Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips.
- 1 cup one to one gluten free flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray) and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, mashed bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold the wet and dry ingredients together, just until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (reserving some for on top if desired).
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle on additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake 45 – 50 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let cool completely before slicing.
- You can create your own oat flour by blending rolled oatmeal in a blender or food processor.
- Gluten free flour has a tendency to dry out so make sure to not over-bake your bread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 31.5mg
Keywords: healthy banana bread, gluten free banana bread, peanut butter banana bread
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Serving Up Simplicity so that I can continue to share delicious healthy recipes!