Rice crispy treats get a makeover with these Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats! Creamy peanut butter, sweet honey, and delicious chunks of peanut butter cups.
- 3 cups cacao brown rice cereal
- 10 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. Stir on low heat until melted.
- Once melted, pour over the cereal mixture and mix well so that the cereal mixture is covered.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and press down. Let them settle for a bit in the fridge
- Cut into bars and enjoy! Store in the fridge.
This is the cereal that I used! If you don’t want the cereal to be chocolate flavor you can use the classic plain rice crispy cereal.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 26.6g
- Fat: 16.6g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
Keywords: peanut butter cup rice crispy treats, healthy rice crispy treats, peanut butter rice crispy treats